If your GPS tracker is currently lost, follow the steps below to find or replace the device:
Tips for finding your Tractive GPS
To find your lost Tractive GPS tracker, follow the steps below:
- Open the Tractive GPS app and select the lost tracker/associated pet to view the last known position of the device.
- Enable Bluetooth and GPS location on your smartphone - this will ensure you receive the most accurate location information available.
- If possible, activate LIVE Tracking to get more up-to-date position reports.
- Device not reporting? Use the Find feature if you suspect the tracker is nearby, but not reporting or in sight.
- You can also enable the Location History and Heatmap options in the map. This will allow you to view all of the most recently reported positions of the tracker, so you know where to search, like in the screenshot below. Green areas show spots where your pet lingered, while the yellow and red colors indicate the locations where your pet spent the most time.
- On your search, enable the light or sound feature to better help you locate and retrieve the device.
What to do if your tracker is lost within a Power Saving Zone
Since the connection is paused whenever your pet is in a Power Saving Zone, you won’t be able to use the Light and Sound feature unless you’re within Bluetooth range of your tracker.
Try to enable Bluetooth on your smartphone and walk around the area until LIVE and Radar Mode turn blue. You can now use Radar Mode to recover the device along with the Light and Sound feature as well.
In case that doesn’t work out for you, please try the following:
- Delete the Power Saving Zone under Profile > Tracker > Power Saving Zones by tapping on Edit, then on the Power Saving Zone your tracker is in right now, then tap the trash can icon in the top right corner.
- Wait until your tracker comes back online, this should take no longer than 12 hours.
After a few hours - e.g. the next morning, try activating the Light and Sound again. If it still shows up as “offline” in the app now, the tracker is probably in an area with poor signal and Radar Mode might be more helpful to find it again.
How to replace your Tractive GPS
In case you are not able to find the device, there are several options for replacing your lost Tractive GPS device.
Replacement via Tractive Care
- With Tractive Care, you pay a small amount in addition to your subscription plan, and Tractive will replace the device in case of loss, theft, or damage.
- You can check to see if your tracker is covered by Tractive Care by visiting https://my.tractive.com/#/settings/trackers.
- Use the button below to claim Tractive Care now:
Not Covered by Tractive Care?
In this case you can:
- Enable Tractive Care now (then claim your replacement unit using the link above).
- Purchase a new tracker at Tractive.com or though a retail partner.
- Otherwise, please contact Tractive Customer Service for more information on replacement devices.
Once you receive the new device, you'll be able to easily activate it under your existing subscription plan. How to activate a replacement tracker >