One of the fun and useful features of the Tractive GPS is the Location History function. With it, you can easily see where your pet has been during a set time frame. The Heatmap can also be displayed on top of the Location History path, so you can see where your furry friend spent the most time.
Note: Location History is limited to 24 hours for BASIC subscription plan users and extended to 365 days for PREMIUM subscription plan users. Discover the benefits of the PREMIUM subscription plan here.
If you're a dog owner, you'll also see Walks in the center of your History screen. Tapping on this button will take you to your Walk History. More information about the Walk feature can be found here.
How can I view the Location History of my pet?
Follow the steps below to view the Location History of your pet:
- Sign in to the Tractive GPS mobile app for Android or iOS.
- If you have multiple trackers, select which pet you'd like to view the position history for by tapping the drop-down arrow at the top of the screen
- Tap History at the bottom of the screen
- Choose the timeframe you'd like to view the history for (tap directly on the date and the calendar will pop up where you can select the correct date)
While you are on the History tab, click on the map icon in the bottom right corner to access the history settings. Here you can select which map type you'd like to use (Standard, Satellite or OpenStreetMap), as well as enable further functions such as the Heatmap (to highlight the areas they spend most time) or turn on the Address function if you wish to see the precise address on the map too.
How can I view the distance my pet traveled?
Go to History on the map. Pick a timeframe to see a total distance estimate displayed directly on the map (in kilometers or miles - if you'd like to update the measurement units displayed, click here). This distance is based on location updates from your tracker. In other words, the more updates reported, the more accurate the information. Therefore, if you would like to get more precise information about the distance traveled by your pet, activate LIVE Tracking Mode for the best results.
Can I export my location history?
Yes! With a PREMIUM subscription, you have the option to export/download your tracker’s location history as a .gpx or .kml file. To do so, follow the simple steps below:
- Visit my.tractive.com and log in to your account
- Scroll down and tap Tracker History
- Select your tracker from the left hand side
- Click History
- Choose the time frame on the bottom bar
- Click the Export button
- Select either .gpx or .kml
The file will now be downloaded onto your computer.
Can I share my pet's Location History?
Yes! Follow the simple steps below to share your tracker's Location History via the app of your choice:
- Tap the History tab at the bottom of the screen
- Choose the timeframe you'd like to share
- Tap the sharing icon in the bottom right corner of the map
- You'll now see a few different options:
- Icon 1. Select one of the default Tractive images we’ve created for you
- Icon 2. Select a photo from your gallery
- Icon 3. Take a photo with your phone camera
- Icon 4. Select the Map of your activity and choose which map type you’ like to use
Once you're ready, tap Share in the top right corner and then select the app(s) you'd like to use - done!