In order to make sure that your Tractive GPS tracker and mobile app will always provide you with the most accurate pet position available, we recommend to do the following when using the Tractive GPS.
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smartphone
- Turn on GPS location services on your smartphone (instructions for Android / instructions for iOS)
This way, when GPS signals are not immediately available to the tracker (for example, indoors) the Tractive GPS app will be able to utilize the Bluetooth and location function of your phone to detect the tracker in your phone's surroundings and update the position in the app accordingly.
Once this is enabled, you can also use the Find feature to help you locate your pet.
Note: to use the Bluetooth localization feature, it is not necessary to pair the GPS tracker with your smartphone. Please do not pair the two devices, as this could lead to an error between the communication between them.
You can also perform the steps above directly in the app by doing the following:
- Open the Tractive GPS mobile app and sign in.
- Tap Account > Enhance Accuracy
- Use the buttons on the corresponding screen to further improve the accuracy of your GPS tracker, using GPS and Bluetooth.
The enhance GPS tracker accuracy feature is only available in the Tractive GPS mobile app on mobile devices and on select versions of the Tractive GPS.
In case Bluetooth and location services on your smartphone are already turned on, you will not see the enhance GPS tracker accuracy settings in the app.