If your Tractive GPS will not charge, please follow the steps below to resolve the issue.
- Make sure that the charger is correctly attached to the tracker and plugged into a working power source.
- Ensure that all charging components are clean. Gently remove dirt or debris with tap water and a cloth or toothbrush.
- Try charging the device using another charging cable, A/C adapter, or using the USB port of your computer to rule out the possibility of a defective charging cable or A/C adapter.
- Inspect the charging cable and tracker for damages or defects.
- Reset the tracker by holding down the power button for at least 30 seconds (on all LTE version trackers, the required time is 10 seconds). A successful reset is indicated by a flashing light and beeping sound. Attempt charging again afterwards.
- In case you do not see the red LED light while charging, the device may be charging successfully, but the LED light may not be working. Check the current battery level and test the LED light to rule out this possibility.
The following tips apply only to trackers with an exchangeable battery:
- Inspect the exchangeable battery for damages.
- Try charging with a different battery, to rule out the possibility of a faulty battery.
- After charging the device, connect the tracker, turn it off and on, close and reopen the app. Wait a few moments and then check the current battery level. It may take a few moments until the new battery level is displayed in the app, depending on the network connection.
If you're not able to get your Tractive GPS tracker charging by following these tips, please contact the Tractive Customer Service team for further assistance.
Spare chargers, batteries, and other accessories can also be purchased at the following link: Tractive GPS Accessories