We all know this can be a really scary situation and we’re here to help in any way we can.
If your pet is wearing their Tractive GPS, here are your next steps:
- Open the Tractive GPS app or visit my.tractive.com to see their current location.
- Start LIVE Tracking so you’ll get updates on their whereabouts in real-time.
- Once you’re getting closer, you can use the Distance to Tracker feature to see if you’re walking in the right direction (you can find out how to activate that here).
- In case your pet is hiding in an area with bad signal, we recommend using Radar mode once you’re closeby (this works via Bluetooth).
- Even if you’re not within the Bluetooth range just yet, you can use the Light and Sound features by swiping upwards on the bottom bar on the Map screen.
- If others are helping on your search, you can easily share your pet’s latest or LIVE location. You'll find this option by swiping upwards on the bottom bar on the Map screen. Tap Share Location (Share Tracking Link or Share Latest Location).
- In this sharing section, you can also select Open in Maps so you can plan a route to your pet’s location in case they’ve run off too far to retrieve by foot.
These articles might also be helpful for your search:
- How To Find A Lost Dog: Tips To Bring Your Missing Dog Home Fast
- How To Find A Lost Cat – And Stop Them From Going Missing Again
What if my tracker isn’t giving me any location updates?
If your pet is in an area with poor coverage or GPS signal, the Tractive GPS app may not provide regular location updates. But not to worry - the device will keep trying to track them as they relocate to an area with stronger signal.
What else is important to consider in this situation?
Unfortunately, if the tracker battery is empty, it can no longer communicate with the app, making it impossible to locate the tracker. Additionally, if the connection between the tracker and the app has been lost for a few days, the information in the app may be outdated, as the battery may have already depleted during that time.
If we can help out on your search in any way, please don’t hesitate to contact us below: