Sometimes, your Tractive device can get too warm. This is most usually due to one of the following reasons:
- Hot weather or high temperature
- Being near a heat source, like a radiator
- Physical damage to your tracker
- A faulty charger or technical issue
Whatever the reason, the moment your device detects that it’s getting too warm, it will shut down automatically to keep your furry friend safe. As an extra precaution, it will not turn back on until you do so manually.
IMPORTANT: Check your device for bite or scratch marks. If you see any, do not use your device. The tracker or battery may have been damaged.
Before you use your device again:
- Wait 5 minutes for the device to cool down.
- Make sure it’s not plugged in or charging.
- Try and get rid of external factors that might be causing overheating (e.g. if you’re somewhere hot and in direct sunlight, find somewhere with shade).
- Turn your device back on.
If you’re still encountering problems, or if your tracker shuts down again, get in touch with a member of our team.
In general, these are good tips to stop your tracker from getting too warm:
- Avoid exposing your tracker to temperatures below -5°C (23°F) and above 40°C (104°F).
- Use a 5V adapter with a 0.5A, 1A or 2A output to charge your tracker. Any charger with a higher voltage (e.g. 9V) can cause device damage.
You might also find these articles interesting: How do I charge the Tractive GPS tracker?