Please read the tips in this article to help you sync your Activity Monitoring data. If you are still having problems, please complete the form at the end of this article to help us assist you more efficiently. Thank you!
So that you can see your pet's location, your tracker connects to local cell networks and sends the position data it collects back to our servers via these networks. Activity Monitoring data, on the other hand, is synced via a Bluetooth connection between your tracker and your cell phone or tablet. This means that if the tracker hasn’t been close to your phone recently, the recent Activity Monitoring data will not be shown in the app.
Please follow these steps to sync the latest Activity Monitoring data from your tracker:
- Make sure that your mobile device has an active internet connection (WiFi or data plan) and that Bluetooth and GPS / location services are enabled on your mobile device.
- Make sure that your Tractive GPS tracker is turned on and next to your mobile device.
- Open the Tractive GPS app and click on Activity at the bottom of the screen. If the sync doesn't start immediately, you can tap on the refresh button in the top right-hand corner of the screen to trigger the sync.
The sync should take no longer than a few minutes and you will then be able to see your pet's recent activity information in the Activity Monitoring section of the app.
Do I need to pair the Tractive GPS tracker with my smartphone?
No, you do not need to pair the GPS tracker with your phone in your phone's Bluetooth settings in order to perform the sync. Doing so manually may actually interfere with the syncing process, so please be sure not to pair the devices in your phone's Bluetooth settings.
In case you have already paired the tracker with the phone, unpair it now and repeat the activity sync process above.
What can I do if the data is not syncing?
Your tracker can only connect to one mobile device via Bluetooth at a time. If the tracker has already connected to one mobile device, it will not be possible to sync the data via a second phone until the connection to the first is broken. Therefore, please try the following if you are having problems syncing the Activity Monitoring data:
- Activate Flight Mode on the phone/tablet you wish to use and on all other nearby phones and tablets. Please make sure that Bluetooth is turned off on both the mobile device you wish to use and all other nearby mobile devices.
- Disable Flight Mode on the phone/tablet you wish to use only and make sure that your tracker is turned on and near that mobile device. Make sure that Bluetooth is now active again on that mobile device.
- Open the Tractive GPS app, log in to your account and try to complete the sync.
- Tap on the refresh symbol in the top right-hand corner of the screen should the sync not be completed automatically.
If you are still unable to sync the Activity Monitoring data, please try these steps again on a different smartphone or tablet to rule out the possibility of an issue with the first mobile device. Please also delete and reinstall the Tractive GPS app to make sure you have the latest app version and then try again. You can also restart your mobile device and then try these steps again.
On some mobile devices (such as Huawei Lite), technical incompatibilities may prevent the sync from being possible. In these cases, the syncing of activity data must be completed using a different smartphone.
If you are unable to sync the data manually, your tracker will try to sync the data for you once it reaches a certain capacity. This sync is the only time the tracker would use cell networks for Activity Monitoring data.
Still unable to sync your Activity Monitoring data?
In this case, please complete the form below and this information will be automatically forwarded to our Customer Happiness Team, who will analyze the data from your tracker as quickly as possible.