Why does the Tractive GPS app notify me that my pet has exited the Virtual Fence?
How can I prevent false notifications from happening?
Our developers are aware of this issue and are doing everything possible to filter out those incorrect sets of location data. Until there is an update which will correct this issue, please follow the tips below to prevent any further false Virtual Fence outbreak notifications:
- Turn the device off while indoors or not in use, or anytime that you know that your pet is safely nearby.
- If you have our latest Dog or Cat tracker model, set up a Power Saving Zone to avoid less accurate positions when your pet is at home.
- Minimize the use of LIVE Tracking while your pet or the tracker is indoors.
- Adjust the Virtual Fence:
- Remove any unnecessary or overlapping Virtual Fences.
- Enlarge the Virtual Fence area.
- Set the Virtual Fence in a different shape.
- Change the location of the Virtual Fence, so that the center is at the point where your pet is most often.
- Enable Bluetooth and GPS / Location Services on your smartphone when the tracker/pet is nearby (only available on the latest GPS trackers from Tractive).
- Contact Tractive to request that the Virtual Fence sensitivity of your tracker is lowered - this can help to prevent any false notifications. With lower sensitivity, the tracker will wait/make sure your pet is really outside the Virtual Fence, before sending the notification. As a result of this change, Virtual Fence notifications will be delayed by 3 minutes. We can always change the setting back for you, should it not work out as expected.
- Check the accuracy of the Tractive GPS by taking the tracker on a walk (on your person) outdoors and in LIVE Tracking mode. With good results, this can rule out the possibility of a tracker defect.