When LIVE tracking is available, you will be able to activate it by pressing the LIVE button in the bottom right-hand corner of the mobile app, or in the top right-hand corner of the web app at my.tractive.com. Once you have activated LIVE tracking, you will receive position updates every few seconds and your pet's path will be shown by a blue line.
When you have the app open on your cell phone, LIVE Tracking will remain active until you press the Stop button. If you minimize the app, LIVE Tracking will automatically be disabled after 5 minutes in order to conserve the battery life of your tracker. Find out how to extend the automatic LIVE Tracking timeout here.
We recommend having at least 10% battery life before starting a LIVE tracking session.
What can I do if LIVE tracking is not available?
If the LIVE button is greyed out, this indicates that you are not currently able to activate LIVE tracking. This is most likely due to one of two reasons:
- Your furry friend is in a Power Saving Zone. When the tracker is in a Power Saving Zone, you can only activate LIVE tracking if within Bluetooth range of the tracker. It should be possible to start LIVE tracking again once your pet leaves the Power Saving Zone.
- The tracker does not have an active network connection or is unable to detect accurate GPS positions. In this case, you will see a red or orange dot in the circle showing the GPS status in the mobile app. Pressing the GPS symbol will give you more information on the exact issue at that moment. You can also check the network and GPS connection status of your device by pressing the power button on the tracker once.
If you cannot start LIVE tracking when out of the Power Saving Zone, please go outside with the tracker in your hand and make sure that the tracker has a clear line of sight to the sky. If you are still unable to activate LIVE tracking after one minute, please restart the Tractive GPS app and reset the tracker:
|If you have a Tractive GPS DOG 4 / LTE, reset the tracker by holding the power button down for 10 seconds. Please then release the power button. A successful reset is indicated by a flashing light and beeping sound.|
If you have any other tracker, reset it by holding the power button down for 30 seconds. Please then release the power button. A successful reset is indicated by a flashing light and beeping sound.
Afterwards, please wait for a few minutes so that the tracker can establish the necessary connections and then try to activate LIVE tracking again while on a 10-minute test walk around your local area with your tracker in your hand.
It is also important to ensure that your cell phone or tablet is connected to WiFi or a cellular data connection so that you can use LIVE tracking and receive position updates in the app.
Should you continue to experience issues, please contact Tractive Customer Service for support and leave the tracker turned on, if possible. Please include the following information in your message to help us handle your request more efficiently:
- When did you begin experiencing this issue?
- After resetting the tracker and placing it outside for a few minutes, what color combination do you see if you press the power button once (e.g. green-red)?
- The date and time of your test walk.