In addition to the Family Sharing feature, you can also use Public Sharing with a PREMIUM subscription plan. In this article, we'll explain all about how to use Public Sharing!
What are the benefits of Public Sharing?
Public Sharing helps when you need to share location, quickly, with anyone - including people without a Tractive GPS account.
It creates a link that lets the person you share it with:
- See your tracker’s current location
- Change map view (e.g. Street, Satellite)
How to use Public Sharing
In the Tractive GPS mobile app:
- On the Map screen, tap the circle next to your pet’s name, and pick the pet whose location you want to share (you can skip this if you have only one pet/tracker).
- Go to Profile > Tracker.
- Scroll down and tap More next to Location.
- Hit Share Tracking Link and follow the instructions.
- Want to stop sharing? Tap the Stop Sharing button on the same screen
In your web browser at my.tractive.com:
- Click Manage your Account > Trackers and Subscription Plans.
- Select the tracker whose location you want to share.
- Click Sharing.
- Under Public Sharing, click on Get Shareable Link and follow the instructions
- Want to stop sharing? Press End Share on the same screen