What are the benefits of Public Sharing?
Public Sharing helps when you need to share location, quickly, with anyone - including people without a Tractive GPS account.
It creates a link that lets the person you share it with:
- See your tracker’s current location
- Change map view (e.g. Street, Satellite)
How to use Public Sharing
In the Tractive GPS mobile app:
- If you have multiple pets, select the desired pet/tracker using the drop-down arrow at the top of the map screen.
Next, swipe up from the bottom of the bar and tap on Share location at the bottom.
- Select Share Tracking Link and follow the instructions.
- Want to stop sharing? Tap the Stop Sharing Location button on the same screen
In your web browser at my.tractive.com:
- Click Trackers and Subscription Plans.
- Select the tracker whose location you want to share.
- Click Sharing.
- Under Public Sharing, click on Get Shareable Link and follow the instructions
- Want to stop sharing? Press End Share on the same screen