One of the fun and useful features of the Tractive GPS is the Location History function. With it, you can easily see where your pet has been during a set time frame. The Heatmap can also be displayed on top of the Location History path, so you can see where your furry friend spent the most time.
Note: Location History is limited to 24 hours for BASIC subscription plan users and extended to 365 days for PREMIUM subscription plan users. Discover the benefits of the PREMIUM subscription plan here.
How can I view the Location History of my pet?
Follow the steps below to view the Location History of your pet.
In the Tractive GPS mobile app:
- Sign in to the Tractive GPS mobile app for Android or iOS.
- Select which pet you'd like to view the position history for by tapping the drop-down arrow at the top of the screen, if you have multiple trackers.
- Tap History at the bottom of the screen.
- You can now choose a time frame you'd like to view the history for.
- Optional: enable the Heatmap or trace.
- Sign in to the Tractive GPS web app at my.tractive.com.
- Click to select the desired pet/tracker from the left-hand menu.
- Click on History in the upper right-hand corner.
- Use the sliding bar or manually select a start and end date at the bottom of the screen in order to view the location history of your pet during a specific time frame:
- Optional: use the buttons in the lower left-hand corner to access the following features:
- Heatmap: Enable the Heatmap to view a colored illustration representing how long your pet stayed in a particular place on the Location History trail.
- Trace: the trace option allows you to visualize any gaps in location history with dashed lines on the map, indicating times when the device was not reporting.
- Export: Click the Export button to download the Tractive GPS location history in a .gpx or .kml file.
Note: Export of Location History is only available for those on a PREMIUM subscription plan and can only be accessed through the Tractive GPS web app at my.tractive.com.