One of the fun and useful features of the Tractive GPS tracker is the Location History function. With it, you can easily visualize previously reported GPS positions of your pet's location on the map in order to see where he or she has been.
This feature can be used in combination with the Heatmap and together they may provide you with interesting insights as to the whereabouts, behavior, and habits of your furry friend.
Note: Location History is limited to 24 hours for BASIC subscription plan users and is unlimited for PREMIUM subscription plan users. Discover the benefits of the PREMIUM subscription plan here.
How can I view the location history of my pet?
Follow the steps below to view the location or GPS position history of your pet.
In the Tractive GPS mobile app:
- Sign into the Tractive GPS mobile app for Android or iOS.
- Tap the pet photo in the bottom/center of the screen to select the desired pet/tracker.
- Click on History in the upper right-hand corner.
- You can now view the location history of your pet, plus set a specific time-frame for location history, or enable the Heatmap or trace (see below for further explanation).
- Sign into the Tractive GPS web app at my.tractive.com.
- Click to select the desired pet/tracker from the left-hand menu.
- Click on History in the upper right-hand corner:
- You can now view the location history of your pet:
- Use the sliding bar or manually select a start and end date at the bottom of the screen in order to view the location history of your pet during a specific time period.
- Additional options: use the buttons in the lower left-hand corner to access the following features:
- Heatmap: Enable the Heatmap to view a colored illustration representing how long your pet stayed in a particular place on the location history trail.
- Trace: the trace option allows you to visualize any gaps in location history with dashed lines on the map, indicating times when the device was not reporting.
- Export: Click the Export button to download the Tractive GPS location history in a .gpx or .kml file.
Note: Export of Location History is only available for those on a PREMIUM subscription plan and can only be accessed through the Tractive GPS web app at my.tractive.com.