There are several ways to reset your Tractive GPS password.
How to change your password when you're signed in to the app
If you are currently signed in to the Tractive GPS mobile or web app, simply follow the steps below to update your password.
In the Tractive GPS web app:
- Open the Tractive GPS web app.
- Click on Manage your Account > My Profile > Login Details
- Click the pencil icon next to your current password to change your current password. You will need to enter the current password.
- Press Save to save your new password.
In the Tractive GPS mobile app:
- Open the Tractive GPS mobile app.
- Click on Account > Account Info > Password
- Enter your current password and the desired new password (two times).
- Click the check mark in the upper corner to save your new password.
How to reset your password when you're not signed in to the app
If you're locked out of your account for any reason, you can reset your password anytime and get back into your account by following the steps below:
- Visit https://my.tractive.com/#/forgot
- Enter the email address you used to create your Tractive GPS account (i.e. the email address your Tractive GPS tracker is registered to). If the email is not accepted, then there is no Tractive GPS account under that email address - please try again with a different email address.
- Click Reset.
- Check your email for a password reset email from Tractive. Open the email and click on the button Reset your Tractive password.
- By clicking on the link, you will be taken to your account settings in the web app. Click on the pencil icon next to your current password to set a new password, retype your new password, and click Save.
- You can now sign back into the Tractive GPS mobile or web app with your new password.
Note for Facebook users: If you signed up for Tractive using your Facebook account, you don't have an e-mail address for your Tractive account. To reset your password, please use the e-mail which you also use for Facebook (Facebook login e-mail). If it's not possible to sign in over Facebook, you will be able to access your account by going through this step. After a password reset, it's also possible to log in with your Facebook e-mail and your defined password.
Note for Apple users: If you create an account with your Apple ID, a different email address may be used to your normal email address. Therefore, if you have already created an account with your own email address, please continue to log in using your email address and password rather than your Apple ID to ensure that you are logged in to the correct account.
What to do if you did not receive the password reset email
If you followed the steps to reset your password, but still did not receive an email to complete the process, it is most likely because the email address you entered does not exist in the Tractive system. In this case, please do the following:
- Check your spam folder for the message.
- If the email could not be found in your inbox or spam folder, check to see if you have received other account-related emails from Tractive to that address. If not, it may not be the correct email.
- Visit https://my.tractive.com/#/forgot to request the password reset email again. This time, ensure that:
- your email address is spelled correctly.
- the email address entered is the correct email (the one you created your account with & activated your tracker(s) under).
- If for any reason this does not work and you still cannot reset your password or access your Tractive GPS account, not to fear - the Tractive Customer Happiness team can assist you.