- Why does Tractive charge a subscription fee?
- Is there a GPS tracker with no monthly fee?
- How can I set up a Tractive GPS subscription plan?
- I want to track my pet from two different cellphones - do I need two subscriptions?
- I have a second pet - do I need two subscriptions?
- What are the differences between the BASIC and PREMIUM subscription plans?
- How can I pay for my subscription plan?
- Can I cancel if I’m not satisfied with the tracker?
Why does Tractive charge a subscription fee?
Great question! The Tractive GPS tracker continuously sends and receives GPS position data via local cellular networks, allowing you to track your pet in real time in over 190 countries worldwide. In order to make this possible, each tracker is equipped with a SIM card, which generates cellular service fees similar to those of your mobile phone. Tractive only charges a small subscription fee to cover these costs. You can read more about the Tractive GPS subscription plans here.
Is there a GPS tracker with no monthly fee?
GPS trackers with no monthly fee exist, but they're not recommended for tracking pets. With no live tracking and a very limited range—you may not be able to find your pet when you need to.
GPS tracker subscription plan fees help provide features that ensure you can find your pet—always. Read more here.
How can I set up a Tractive GPS subscription plan?
If you get your tracker from Tractive.com, you'll have the option to set up your subscription plan immediately after purchasing your tracker. If you do so, one week will be added onto your subscription plan once the tracker has left our facilities to cover the shipping time.
If you buy the tracker from a retailer or choose not to activate a subscription plan along with your tracker purchase, follow the steps below to set up your subscription:
- Make sure you have the tracker handy when you begin the activation process - you will be asked to enter the tracker ID, which is made up of eight letters and can be found on the back of the device.
- Download the Tractive GPS app on your smartphone or tablet, or visit my.tractive.com.
- Create an account, sign in, and select Activate a Tracker to be taken through the simple process of purchasing your subscription plan. Once you've done this, your tracker will be ready to go and you can start tracking your pet.
I want to track my pet from two different cellphones - do I need two subscriptions?
No. You only need one subscription per tracker. You can simply sign in to your Tractive GPS account on more than one device at a time to instantly track your pet whenever and wherever you'd like. With a PREMIUM subscription, you can share your Tractive GPS tracker and the location of your pet with anyone via the Public or Family Sharing features in the Tractive GPS app (Android, iOS, Web).
I have a second pet - do I need two subscriptions?
Yes. For each of your pets, you need a separate tracker and separate subscription plan in order to view their locations simultaneously in the Tractive GPS App. You can easily track all of your furry friends from the convenience of your smartphone using the Tractive GPS app or in your web browser at my.tractive.com. On the simple and intuitive map home screen, you'll be able to see the location of each of your pets in real time.
What are the differences between the BASIC and PREMIUM subscription plans?
How can I pay for my subscription plan?
Tractive offers several different subscription plan options, which are always listed at Tractive.com/plans.
- On the BASIC subscription plan, you can pay monthly, yearly, or every two years.
- On the PREMIUM subscription plan, you can pay yearly, every two years, or every 5 years.
Can I cancel if I’m not satisfied with the tracker?
Yes. We know that all our pets are individuals, and we understand if your buddy just doesn’t get along with the tracker. For this very reason, we have a 30 day money back guarantee. If you need to cancel, just do so within 30 days and get your full subscription fee back. No questions asked. If you cancel after that, your subscription will not automatically renew once it expires.
Please see our Terms of Service for more information.