All Tractive GPS trackers are designed to fit comfortably on your pet's collar, but the exact attachment mechanism varies by tracker model. Find your device below to learn how to attach your new GPS tracker to your pet.
Note: Tracker availability varies by country. Please visit www.tractive.com to see which Tractive GPS trackers are available in your country.
The new Tractive GPS DOG LTE tracker can be attached to collars with a maximum width of 2.8 cm (1.1 in). To attach this tracker to your pet's collar, remove the collar from your pet and continue like so depending on the width of the collar:
- Collar width 1.5 cm or less: Remove the rubber clip, put the collar through the two rectangular holes on the sides of the rubber clip, and fasten the rubber clip to the tracker again.
- Collar width 1.6 - 2.8 cm: Remove the rubber clip on one side of the tracker, place the collar in between the rubber clip and the tracker, and fasten the rubber clip to the tracker again.
Tractive GPS DOG & Tractive GPS Cat Tracker (IKATI)
The Tractive GPS DOG and Tractive GPS Cat Tracker (IKATI) can also be attached to a collar with a maximum width of 2.8 cm. The Tractive GPS Cat Tracker (IKATI) tracker comes with both a HUNTER® collar and an attachment clip so that you can attach the tracker to a collar of your choice, such as the Rogz collar, which is also available at tractive.com and features a weight-adjustable breakaway mechanism. Follow the steps below to attach this tracker to your pet's collar:
- Remove the collar from your cat or dog.
- Place the collar in between the clip and the collar mount. To secure thinner collars, slide the collar through the openings in the mounting clip, as shown below.
- Fasten the clip onto the mount.
- Attach the Tractive device to the mount and ensure the device is fully secured.
Once you have securely attached your tracker to your pet, you're ready to start tracking!
Tractive GPS Classic, Hunters Edition & Tractive GPS 3G
The Tractive GPS Classic, Hunters Edition and Tractive GPS 3G can be attached to your pet with the help of the Tractive GPS Collar Clips, which are included in each purchase.
The collar clips are suitable for collars with a width of up to 4.6 cm and are available in two sizes:
- Large: For collars with a thickness of 0.3 to 0.5 cm.
- Small: For collars with a thickness of up to 0.3 cm.
Simply place your pet's collar in between the tracker and clip and click the clips securely into place, like so:
Tractive GPS XL
Different Tractive GPS Collar Clips are available for the Tractive GPS XL. The collar clips are also suitable for collars with a width of up to 4.6 cm. These clips come in the following sizes:
- Large: For collars with a thickness of 0.5 to 0.8 cm.
- Small: For collars with a thickness of up to 0.5 cm.
Replacement clips can be purchased here.
Tractive GPS CAT (with integrated collar)
The Tractive GPS CAT Tracker is a GPS tracker and collar in one; therefore no clips are necessary to attach the device to your pet. Before use, ensure that your cat meets the minimum weight requirement to use the Tractive GPS CAT tracker. For safety, the device should only be worn by cats weighing 4 kg (8.8 lbs) or more.
- Use the Sizing Chart included in your purchase (or download and print it at the preceding link) to measure your cat's neck in order to find the collar latch which best fits your cat.
- Use the table below to close the tracker at the designated hole/latch using the strap and pin. Count the holes starting closest to the tracker.
Measurement Hole 19 - 20 cm 3 - 5 20 - 22 cm 5 - 7 22 - 24 cm 7 - 9 24 - 26 cm 9 - 11 26 - 28 cm 11 - 12 28 - 30 cm 12 - 14
- Then use the breakaway mechanism to attach the device to your cat.
- Remember that 1-2 fingers should be able to fit between your cat's neck and the tracker so that both the cat and tracker can move comfortably.
Tip for first-time users: Every pet is unique and your cat or dog will therefore likely display their own unique behavior towards wearing a GPS tracking device. We recommend that you let your pet get acquainted with the new device by wearing it indoors and turned off for 1-2 days before first use. This way you can observe how the dog or cat responds to wearing their GPS tracker and adjust the attachment as necessary. You can also find some tips on how to train your cat to wear a collar in our blog.