Tractive offers several different GPS trackers, each with a unique attachment mechanism. Find your device below to learn how to attach your new GPS tracker to your pet.
Note: Tracker availability varies by country. Please visit www.tractive.com to see which Tractive GPS Trackers are available for your country.
The original Tractive GPS, Hunters Edition, Tractive GPS 3G Tracker and Tractive GPS XL can be attached to your pet with the help of the Tractive GPS Collar Clips, which are included in each purchase.
The collar clips are suitable for collars with a width of up to 46 mm and are available in two sizes:
- Large: For collars with a thickness of 3 to 5 mm.
- Small: For collars with a thickness of up to 3 mm.
Simply place your pet's collar in between the tracker and clip and click the clips securely into place, like so:
Replacement clips can be purchased here.
The Tractive GPS CAT Tracker is a GPS tracker and collar in one; therefore no clips are necessary to attach the device to your pet. The integrated smart collar in the Tractive GPS CAT allows the tracker technology to be distributed across a wider area, reducing the load and impedance of a bulky tracking device, something important for small and nimble cats.
Simply follow the steps below to safely attach the tracker to your cat and start tracking:
- Ensure that the battery of the CAT tracker is securely connected at both the tracker and breakaway connection points before attaching the CAT tracker to your pet.
- Carefully place the device around your cat's neck, ensuring that the Tractive logo faces outwards.
- Align the ends of the collar so they are directly overlapping.
- Use the clasp to insert it into the hole that fits your cat's neck most comfortably. We recommend leaving enough space for two fingers between the collar and neck.
- Pull the excess collar through the hole to make sure is it securely fastened.
The new clipping mechanism on the Tractive GPS DOG allows for easier and faster mounting of the Tractive tracker while increasing its reliability. The Quick-Clip attachment allows the device to fit nearly any collar and to detach at the press of a button. The tracker mount will remain on the collar comfortably while the tracker is charged or set aside providing a simple and secure user experience.
Follow the steps below to attach the Tractive GPS DOG Tracker to your dog's collar:
- Remove your dog's collar.
- Place the collar in between the clip and the collar mount. Fasten the clip onto the mount.
- Attach the Tractive device to the mount and ensure the device is fully secured.
Once you have securely attached your tracker to your pet, you're ready to start tracking!
Tip for first-time users: Every pet is unique and your cat or dog will therefore likely display their own unique behavior towards wearing a GPS tracking device. We recommend to let your pet get acquainted with the new device by wearing it indoors and turned off for 1-2 days before first use. This way you can observe how the dog or cat responds to wearing his GPS tracker and adjust the attachment as necessary.