Power Saving Zones are available on our latest dog and cat trackers and enable the tracker to use trusted WiFi networks to significantly boost battery life. This article details how to set up, edit and remove your Power Saving Zone.
How to set up a Power Saving Zone
You can only set up a Power Saving Zone in the Tractive GPS mobile app for one pet at a time. If you have more than one tracker, please create a Power Saving Zone separately for each of them.
- In the Tractive GPS mobile app, go to Profile > Tracker > Power Saving Zones to set up a new zone.
- The app will show that the tracker is scanning for nearby WiFi networks. Select the WiFi network you’d like to use (e.g. your home or work WiFi).
- The pin will show you the current location of your tracker as the suggested location of the Power Saving Zone. You can move this pin should the location not be exactly correct.
- Give the new Power Saving Zone a name, such as 'Work WiFi' or 'Home WiFi'.
- Save the Power Saving Zone.
Your tracker will now recognize that WiFi network as a Power Saving Zone and go into Power Saving Mode as soon as it enters this area.
How to edit a Power Saving Zone
To rename or move the location of your Power Saving Zone, simply go to Profile > Tracker and tap Edit next to Power Saving Zones. Choose the Power Saving Zone in question and rename it or move the pin to the current location - done!
How to delete a Power Saving Zone
If you would like to remove a Power Saving Zone, go to Profile > Tracker and tap Edit next to Power Saving Zones. Choose the Power Saving Zone you wish to remove, tap the trash icon in the top right-hand corner and confirm that you'd like to remove the Power Saving Zone.
The tracker must leave the area of the Power Saving Zone to recognise the deletion of the zone. Therefore, please take a short walk around the block with the tracker in your hand to make sure you no longer see the Power Saving Zone in your app. If you'd like to set the Power Saving Zone up again in the future, you can do this at any time in the app.
If you're facing issues with this feature, we're here to help! Check out our troubleshooting article here.