If you’re not receiving push notifications, there's likely something blocking them in your cell phone settings. Follow the steps below to resolve this:
- Verify that the Tractive GPS app has permission to send push notifications. You can check this by going to your phone's settings and looking for the app under Notifications.
- Check if your phone is connected to the internet (either via a data connection or WiFi). Push notifications require an internet connection to be delivered.
- Ensure that your phone is not in Do Not Disturb mode
- For iOS users: If you’re using the Focus feature, please select to Allow Notifications from the Tractive GPS app. This way, you’ll continue to receive notifications about your pet regardless of which Focus you’re using.
- Check that third-party apps, such as Clean Master or Security Master, are not blocking notifications from the Tractive GPS app.
- Make sure that battery saving mode, also known as battery optimization, battery saver, or low power mode is deactivated. (Android / iOS)
- If the issue is not specific to the Tractive app but to all apps, check your phone's software version and see if there are any updates available.
- Restart your phone and check if the push notifications are coming through.
If notifications are still not coming through, please take a short walk with your tracker in your hand and LIVE tracking active. Please leave and re-enter your virtual fence (Safe Zone or No-Go Zone) during this walk.
Next, leave your tracker turned on and contact Tractive Customer Service with the following information:
- The date and time of your walk.
- The two colors you see if you press the power button on your device once briefly.