If you aren’t receiving notifications when your pet enters or leaves a Virtual Fence (Safe Zone or No-Go Zone), this is likely to be due to one of three reasons:
- Something is stopping your cell phone from receiving notifications from the Tractive GPS app. For example, third-party apps may be blocking notifications or you may have disabled push notifications for the Tractive GPS app.
- Your tracker is not able to send Virtual Fence notifications because of connectivity or GPS issues.
- Your Virtual Fence is inactive. If your Virtual Fence is inactive, it will be shown in grey in the app. Please go to the Virtual Fence and tap on the slider to reactivate it.
After making sure that your Virtual Fence is active, please ensure that you have enabled notifications for the Tractive GPS app and that your cell phone has an active data connection (connected to either WiFi or cell networks). Please also ensure that you are logged in to your Tractive GPS account.
Next, please complete a short tracker test by following these steps:
- Fully charge your tracker (until the red light disappears or turns green).
- Reset your tracker by holding the power button down for at least 10 seconds until you hear a beep and the LED lights up.
- Wait for a couple of minutes and then take a walk outside with your tracker in your hand. Please leave and re-enter the Virtual Fence boundary and activate LIVE tracking on this walk.
If you still don’t receive Virtual Fence notifications following this test, please complete our contact form and provide us with the following information:
- The date and time of your test walk.
- The color combination you see if you press the power button once for one second while your tracker is outdoors (e.g. red-green).
- Some examples of when you should have received Virtual Fence notifications, but didn’t (please provide times that are as accurate as possible to help us investigate this for you).
If you receive Virtual Fence notifications, but with a delay, please fill out our contact form and provide us with some example times at which you experienced this delay.