How to Sync Activity Data
To use the Activity Monitoring feature, you'll need to sync your pet's activity data on the tracker with your smartphone. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Enable GPS / location services and Bluetooth your smartphone. In case your phone does not have Bluetooth, this feature may not be supported.
- Turn the Tractive GPS tracker on and set it down next to your smartphone.
- Once the data is successfully synchronized, you'll be able to see your pet's activity information visualized on the Activity Monitoring screen.
Note: Following the steps above, the data should be synced automatically. In case this does not occur, swipe down on the screen of the Activity tab in the Tractive GPS mobile app to sync the activity data.
If the above did not work to successfully sync your pet's data, please note the following points below.
The device can only connect to one phone at a time via Bluetooth to perform the sync. If the tracker has already connected to one phone, it will not be possible to sync the data via a second phone, unless the connection to the first is broken. (by putting the first phone in airplane mode, or restarting the phone), disabling Bluetooth on the first phone, and enabling it on the second device.
If possible please do the following to perform the sync again:
- Restart your phone and enable Bluetooth
- Ensure all other devices nearby have Bluetooth disabled
- Ensure the tracker is lying next to the phone
- Ensure the phone on which you are trying to sync the data has the Tractive GPS mobile app installed, and is signed into the Tractive GPS account that the tracker has been registered to.
You can also repeat these steps on another type of smartphone to rule out the possibility of an issue with the first device.
In case you need further support with the Activity Monitoring feature, please contact Tractive Customer Service.