Note: This article only pertains to the Tractive GPS mobile app in use with select Activity Monitoring-compatible GPS trackers.
Follow the steps below to sync your pet's activity data from the Tractive GPS tracker to the app in your smartphone.
How does the syncing of activity data work?
Recorded data about your pet's movement and activity is sent from the GPS tracker to the Tractive GPS app over a Bluetooth connection. The sync should occur automatically, when all of the following conditions are met:
- You are signed into the account where your tracker is activated in the Tractive GPS mobile app.
- You have an active internet connection on your mobile device.
- GPS / location services is enabled on your mobile device.
- Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device. In case your phone or tablet does not have Bluetooth, this feature may not be supported.
- The Tractive GPS tracker is turned on and next to your mobile device.
Under these conditions, the sync should take no longer than a few minutes, and you will then be able to see your pet's recent activity information in the Activity Monitoring section of the app.
Do I need to pair the Tractive GPS tracker with my smartphone?
No, you do not need to pair the GPS tracker with your phone in your phone's Bluetooth settings in order to perform the sync. Doing so manually may actually interfere with the syncing process, so please be sure not to pair the devices in your phone's Bluetooth settings. This is not necessary.
In case you have already paired the tracker with the phone, unpair it now and repeat the activity sync process above.
What can I do if the data is not syncing?
If you are having trouble syncing your pet's activity data with the Tractive GPS app, please follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- The device can only connect to one phone via Bluetooth at a time to perform the sync. If the tracker has already connected to one phone, it will not be possible to sync the data via a second phone, unless the connection to the first is broken. You can break the connection with the first phone by putting the phone in airplane mode or restarting the phone. Then, be sure to disable Bluetooth on the first phone and follow the steps above to perform the sync again.
- Restart your phone and enable Bluetooth again.
- Ensure all other devices nearby have Bluetooth disabled.
- Ensure the phone on which you are trying to sync the data has the Tractive GPS mobile app installed and is signed into the Tractive GPS account that the tracker is registered to.
- Perform the syncing process described above using a different smartphone to rule out the possibility of an issue with the first phone.
- iOS: While on the Activity screen, swipe down to manually trigger the syncing process.
- Android: While on the Activity screen, tap the Activity tab again to manually trigger the syncing process.
On some mobile devices (such as Huawei Lite) technical incompatibilities may prevent the sync from being possible. In these cases, the syncing of activity data must be completed using a different smartphone.
Further Troubleshooting Support
Continue reading the following articles for additional support: