In the Tractive GPS app, your current location will be automatically displayed to you alongside your pet's position whenever your smartphone has GPS or location services enabled. You can find out how to do this here: Android / iOS
Your location is shown by a blue dot, with an arrow showing you the direction your phone is currently facing as well as a light blue circle showing how accurate the position detected by your phone is (the smaller the circle, the more accurate the position).
You’ll also see an icon in the bottom right corner of the map screen to help you orient yourself and your pet/s. Tap the icon to select the option you wish to view.
Here’s what they mean:
|You're viewing your pet's location (based on their tracker's last reported position).
You're viewing your location (based on your cell phone position).
You're viewing your location and your pet's location.
You're viewing the map with no option selected. Tap the icon to select the option you wish to view.
If you are unable to see your current location, please try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Double-check that GPS / location services are enabled.
- Open your phone's Settings menu, then under the location settings, ensure that the Tractive GPS app has permission to use GPS / location services.
- Open your phone's Settings menu, then under the location settings, ensure that power-saving mode is not selected. This may prevent the GPS function from working in some cases.
- Update the Tractive GPS app if necessary.
- Go outside with the Map view open and wait until your smartphone or tablet can get a GPS connection.
- Contact Tractive for further support.