Please note: At this time, it is only possible to replace the battery on the following models of the Tractive GPS: Tractive GPS DOG, Tractive GPS Cat Tracker (IKATI), Tractive GPS CAT. Spare batteries are sold separately and can be purchased in the Tractive online shop here. Scroll down for instructions on how to replace the batteries on these models of the Tractive GPS.
Note: It is not possible to replace the battery on the following models of the Tractive GPS: Tractive Classic, Tractive XL, Tractive Hunters Edition, Tractive GPS 2. On these devices, opening the tracker will automatically void the Tractive warranty. If you think you have a malfunctioning battery on one of these devices, contact Tractive Customer Service for assistance.
Battery Replacement Instructions
The following instructions only apply to the new Tractive GPS DOG & Tractive GPS Cat Tracker (IKATI):
- Press the buttons on the top and bottom of the tracker and gently pull in opposite directions to separate the main tracker unit from the battery component.
- Once the old battery is removed, insert the new battery into the main tracking unit until you here a clicking sound.
Tractive GPS CAT:
- Press the buttons on the top and bottom of the tracker and gently pull in opposite directions to separate the main body of the device in two pieces:
- Use the breakaway mechanism to separate the collar from the battery, as shown below:
- You can now replace the battery of your Tractive GPS CAT and reassemble the device.