Please note: The Activity Monitoring feature is currently only available in the Tractive GPS mobile app.
Which Tractive GPS trackers support the Activity Monitoring feature?
At this time, the following models of the Tractive GPS allow for Activity Monitoring in addition to all the standard features of the Tractive GPS:
These devices are available in select countries only. Visit the Tractive web shop to see which GPS trackers are available near you.
How can I view my pet's activity data?
Follow the steps below to start using the Activity Monitoring feature:
- Open the Tractive GPS mobile app for Android or iOS and sign in.
- Select the desired pet by clicking on the pet image at the bottom center of the screen.
- Tap the Activity tab to begin viewing your pet's activity data.
How does it work?
At the top of the screen, choose the time period for which you'd like to view the activity level of your pet. You can view the data by the day, week, or month.
With the time frame now selected, you can view the following data below:
- Pet Points: view the current number of Pet Points your cat or dog has earned for the given period.
- Records: Tap Records to view:
- Rank: 30 day ranking - see how your pet ranks in activity level compared to all other pets with an activity monitoring GPS tracker.
- Overall Pet Points: view the total number of Pet Points your dog or cat has earned as well as the daily average.
- Overall Records: view the best day, week and month of your pet's activity calculated in Pet Points.
- Leaderboard: Tap Leaderboard to view the pets around the world (Global) or among your friends (Friends) who have the highest number of Pet Points for the last 30 days.
- Calm, Active, or Playful: view the percentage of time your dog or cat spent in the activity level categories: Calm (less active), Active and Playful (very active).
- Activity Summary: see if your pet was mainly calm, active, or playful for the specified time frame.
- Daily Activity/Average: see the dynamic peaks in your pet's activity.
- Sleeping Behavior: get an overview of your pet's sleeping behavior.
- Activity Goal: based on their age, size, and fitness level, set the daily goal in Pet Points for your four-legged pal.
What are Pet Points?
Pet Points represent the activity level of your pet. The more your pet moves, the more Pet Points he or she earns. Depending on the intensity of the movement, the activity is categorized as calm, active or playful.
How many Pet Points should my pet achieve per day?
At this time, Tractive does not provide recommended Pet Point targets. What is considered a healthy amount of exercise and activity for any pet is very individual and can vary depending on the type of pet, breed, size, weight, age, and health condition.
Use the activity monitoring feature consistently over several days and weeks to learn what is normal for your pet and based on this information, set a reasonable Pet Points daily goal for your four-legged friend.
In case your dog or cat is overweight or obese, you may want to slightly increase the activity over time, for example by going for extra or longer walks, or enjoying more play time together.
What if I don't see any data?
To use the Activity Monitoring feature, you'll need to sync your pet's activity data on the tracker with your smartphone. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Enable GPS / location services and Bluetooth your smartphone. In case your phone does not have Bluetooth, this feature may not be supported.
- Turn the Tractive GPS Tracker on and set it down next to your smartphone.
- Once the data is successfully synchronized, you'll be able to see your pet's activity information visualized on the Activity Monitoring screen.
Note: Following the steps above, the data should be synced automatically. In case this does not occur, swipe down on the screen of the Activity tab in the Tractive GPS mobile app to sync the activity data.
In case you need further support with the Activity Monitoring feature, please use the contact button below.