Having trouble with LIVE Tracking? This could be for one of several reasons:
- No GPS Signal: If there is no GPS signal within reach, LIVE Tracking may not be possible. Go outside or to an open area to reestablish a GPS connection. This issue is usually corrected automatically as the device continually scans for GPS satellites.
- No Cellular Coverage: If you are in an area without coverage by the Tractive cellular service providers, or if there is a temporary network outage, LIVE Tracking may not be possible. Check your coverage here or wait until the local network issue is resolved.
- LIVE Tracking has timed out: LIVE Tracking sessions are automatically disabled after 15 minutes, in order to conserve data and battery life. Click here to learn how to extend LIVE Tracking sessions.
What can I do if I'm having LIVE Tracking difficulties?
Live Tracking works best when the device is outside under a clear line of sight to the sky. Therefore to test LIVE Tracking, please do the following:
- Make sure the tracker is charged and turned on
- Go outside
- Open the Tractive GPS app and enable LIVE Tracking
- Wait a few moments, until the tracker is able to report its position.
If this doesn't work to start LIVE Tracking immediately, you can try the following:
- Close and reopen the Tractive GPS app.
- Turn the device off and on again.