Once LIVE Tracking has been enabled, the real-time tracking session will remain active as long as the Tractive GPS app is open and being used. Otherwise, the session will automatically expire after 5 minutes to conserve the battery life of your tracker - and your pet will continue to be tracked in default tracking mode.
If for example, you'd like to keep tracking your pet in LIVE Tracking mode when you are not actively using the Tractive GPS app, the LIVE Tracking timeout can be extended to 15, 30 or 60 minutes by following the steps below:
Tractive GPS mobile app
- Sign into the Tractive GPS mobile app.
- Tap Profile > Tracker > LIVE Tracking Duration
- You can now change the default LIVE Tracking duration.
Tractive GPS web app
- Sign into my.tractive.com.
- Click on Manage your Account > Trackers & Subscription Plans.
- Select the desired tracker.
- On the Tracker page, under Tracker Settings > LIVE Tracking Duration, you can now adjust the LIVE Tracking timeout.
Note: Prolonged use of LIVE Tracking mode can have a negative impact on battery life, as the tracker will work continuously to recalculate it's position every 2-3 seconds. It is therefore recommended to use this feature only as needed under special circumstances.