In the Tractive webapp, you will find all the information you need for tracking your pet with your Tractive GPS device. No smartphone required! The Tractive webapp can be accessed by any computer, tablet, or phone with an internet connection by simply opening an internet browser and logging in at my.tractive.com.
There you will find everything important brought together in one place, including:
- Full screen map for tracking your pet
- View of your account and subscription plans
- Activation of new devices
- ... and many more features
Read on to learn about all the features of the Tractive webapp!
On the left-hand side of the webapp, you will find the main menu, which offers the following functions:
- Profile Picture: Click on the photo icon next to your name to add or change your profile picture.
- Activate a Tracker: Add a new tracker to your account.
- Battery status: View the current level of the tracker's battery.
- (Tracker Settings): Click this icon next to the tracker/pet to access the tracker settings:
- Pet Profiles: Edit the name, type of pet, breed, birthday, gender, neutered status, weight, height, and microchip ID of your pet.
- Shares: With a Premium subscription plan, share your tracker with a friend.
- Tracker: Find detailed information about the tracker and battery status as well as the device ID. Here, the tracker can be removed from the currently assigned pet and assigned to a new one.
- Account Settings: Edit personal details, subscription plans, invoices, etc.
- Refer a Friend: Get one month on your subscription plan free when your friend buys a Tractive GPS at 15% off!
- Notifications: Manage your notification preferences.
- Help/Contact: Get in touch with Tractive Customer Service.
- English: Change language settings.
- Sign out: Log out of the Tractive webapp.
The Map View
By clicking on the name of your pet or the tracker ID, the map view will be displayed like so:
In the map view, you will find the following features:
On the top left corner, the following information can be found:
- Pet Name or tracker ID
- Last Position Report
- GPS status (inaccurate, unreachable, ...) Clicking on the accuracy status will display additional information to solve the problem!
- Speed (PREMIUM Feature) - In Default Tracking mode, this always reads as: 0 km / h. The speed of your animal will only be displayed and updated in LIVE Tracking mode.
- Altitude (PREMIUM Feature) - In addition, the current elevation of the device is displayed. This is calculated on the basis of the last GPS position and is more accurate when more GPS satellites are available.
- Temperature - The temperature status of your GPS device is still displayed if it has a temperature sensor (currently only the GPS 2 model offers this feature).
Tracker Functions & Commands
On the top right corner, the following commands can be activated:
- LIVE Tracking mode: This button activates the live mode. The corresponding command is transmitted via our data centers to the terminal which then starts the live mode.
- LED Light: With this button, the white LED (the white light) on the tracker can be activated. Note that the function has a built-in timer and is automatically deactivated after a certain time.
- Buzzer Function: This button activates the built-in speaker, which then emits a sound. This can be used in the case that the device is lost. The function also deactivates automatically after a certain amount of time. It can also be easily disabled by pressing a button on the device. (Please note that due to legal restrictions, the buzzer feature is not available in all countries).
- Location History: With this feature, position history of your pet is displayed. At the bottom of the screen, a timeline will appear in which start and end dates can be set. In addition, the time period can be precisely defined via the slider. The position history will be displayed via a linear path of the map. If you want to export the corresponding data for further use, you have the possibility to download them in GPX or KML format.
- Virtual Fence Settings: Configure Virtual Fences to set a defined safe area for your pet.
At the bottom right of the screen, adjust the map settings:
- Click on the gear icon to view the following options:
- Device Accuracy is indicated by a blue circle around the tracker within whose radius the actual location of the device is located.
- The Virtual Fence is displayed with a red circle or square when the corresponding box has been checked.
- The map view can also be changed to the satellite view if desired.