Charge your tracker
- Connect your new GPS tracker to the charging cable, plug it into a power adapter/power source and wait until the glowing red LED light on the front of the device turns off.
- Once charged, make sure the tracker is switched on and in an area with good cell coverage.
Download the Tractive GPS app
- Open the Play Store on your Android phone or the App Store on your iPhone and search for Tractive GPS.
- Install the app and log in.
- If you don't own a smartphone you can create an account and access your tracker on our website at my.tractive.com.
Activate your tracker
Before each new tracker can be used, it must be activated by linking the tracker to a new or existing service plan. Start the activation process here in the webapp, or complete the process directly in the Tractive GPS app on your smartphone.
- Log in with your existing user account or create a new one
- Press the power button on your Tractive GPS device for three seconds (to turn it on)
- Select Activate a Tracker
- Enter the tracker ID (on the backside of your device) and follow the prompts to continue with activation.
Assign your GPS tracker to your pet
When you use the app for the first time you will perform this task automatically by following the instructions given in the app.
Please keep in mind, that each Tractive GPS device can only be linked to one pet at a time. Additional pets require their own separate tracker and service plan - however, all trackers/subscriptions can be managed from the same account.