What is a Virtual Fence?
A Virtual Fence is a perimeter which defines the safe area you would like your pet to remain in.
The Virtual Fence is displayed as a red circle or square in the map view. If you have more than one tracker, you have to set up a Virtual Fence for each tracker.
How does it help to keep my pet safe?
When your pet runs outside or inside of the Virtual Fence, you’ll receive a notification on your smartphone. This is a push-notification (not SMS) and requires an internet connection to be received. Sending times depend on network providers’ coverage and the smartphone-platform itself. You can also enable email notifications in your account settings on the Tractive website.
If you don't receive notifications, or find yourself getting false alerts that your pet has left the safe area, even though your Virtual Fence is active, please take a look at the following article for additional support: What can I do it I am not receiving notifications?
How can I define a Virtual Fence?
1. Tap on the fence icon on the upper right corner of the map (the middle one of the three icons)
2. Then you see an overview of all created Virtual Fence. At the bottom you can tap on "Add Virtual Fence" to create a new one
3. If you want to relocate the Virtual Fence, tap on it, hold it, and move it to any location on your map. If you want to move your Virtual Fence to a particular place, you can also tap on this location for about three seconds. The Virtual Fence is then automatically moved to this location. You can change the size of the Virtual Fence by dragging the red dot on the right side of the Virtual Fence left or right. The minimum radius is 50 meters.
4. You can also change the shape of the Virtual Fence by tapping on one of the showed icons (round, rectangular). Further you can assign an icon to your Virtual Fence for better differentiation between multiple Virtual Fences.
6. Save the changes by tapping the check mark icon in the lower right corner
1. Click on the Virtual Fence symbol in the top right corner of the map view.
2. You can enable the Virtual Fence using the ON/OFF button next to the Virtual Fence symbol.
3. If you want to relocate the Virtual Fence, click anywhere on the map or drag it to the correct place using the white dot in the center of the Virtual Fence.
4. You can change the size of the Virtual Fence by dragging the white dot on the right side of the Virtual Fence left or right. The minimum radius is 50 meters.
5. When you are finished, tap on the Virtual Fence symbol in the top right corner again.
If you have more than one tracker, please repeat these steps to define also a Virtual Fence for your other pets.