What is a Virtual Fence?
A Virtual Fence is a perimeter which defines the safe area you would like your pet to remain in.
The Virtual Fence is displayed as a red circle or square in the map view. If you have more than one tracker, you have to set up a Virtual Fence for each tracker.
How does it help to keep my pet safe?
When your pet runs outside or inside of the Virtual Fence, you’ll receive a notification on your smartphone. This is a push-notification (not SMS) and requires an internet connection to be received. Sending times depend on network providers’ coverage and the smartphone-platform itself. You can also enable email notifications in your account settings on the Tractive website.
If you don't receive notifications, or find yourself getting false alerts that your pet has left the safe area, even though your Virtual Fence is active, please take a look at the following article for additional support: What can I do if I am not receiving notifications?
How can I set up a Virtual Fence?
In the Tractive GPS mobile app:
- Select Map
- Make sure that the desired pet is selected. Choose a different pet by tapping on your pet's photo (center of bottom menu).
- Tap the Virtual Fence icon.
- You can now manage all Virtual Fences for the selected pet.
- Add a new Virtual Fence by clicking the plus sign in the bottom right-hand corner.
- Click on the Virtual Fence symbol in the top right corner of the map view.
- You can enable the Virtual Fence using the ON/OFF button next to the Virtual Fence symbol.
- If you want to move the Virtual Fence, click anywhere on the map or drag it to the correct place using the white dot in the center of the Virtual Fence.
- You can change the size of the Virtual Fence by dragging the white dot on the right side of the Virtual Fence left or right. The minimum radius is 50 meters.
- When you are finished, tap on the Virtual Fence symbol in the top right corner again.
If you have more than one tracker, please repeat these steps to define also a Virtual Fence for your other pets.