What is a Virtual Fence?
A Virtual Fence is a perimeter which defines the safe area you would like your pet to remain in.
The Virtual Fence is displayed as a red circle or square in the map view. If you have more than one tracker, you have to set up a Virtual Fence for each tracker.
How does it help to keep my pet safe?
When your pet runs outside or inside of the Virtual Fence, you’ll receive a notification on your smartphone. This is a push-notification (not SMS) and requires an internet connection to be received. Sending times depend on network providers’ coverage and the smartphone-platform itself. You can also enable email notifications in your account settings on the Tractive website.
If you don't receive notifications, or find yourself getting false alerts that your pet has left the safe area, even though your Virtual Fence is active, please take a look at the following article for additional support: What can I do it I am not receiving notifications?
How can I set up a Virtual Fence?
In the Tractive GPS mobile app:
- Tap on the Virtual Fence icon in the top right-hand corner (in the menu above the map) to view an overview of all existing Virtual Fences.
- Tap on the Plus sign to add a new Virtual Fence.
- Relocate the Virtual Fence by tapping on it, holding it and moving it to your desired location. You can also tap the desired location for three seconds to move the Virtual Fence there.
- Change the size of the Virtual Fence by dragging the red dot on the right side of the Virtual Fence left or right. The minimum radius is 50 meters.
- Change the shape of the Virtual Fence by tapping the round or rectangular icon.
- Assign an icon to your Virtual Fence for better differentiation between multiple Virtual Fences.
- Save the changes by tapping the check mark icon.
- Click on the Virtual Fence symbol in the top right corner of the map view.
- You can enable the Virtual Fence using the ON/OFF button next to the Virtual Fence symbol.
- If you want to move the Virtual Fence, click anywhere on the map or drag it to the correct place using the white dot in the center of the Virtual Fence.
- You can change the size of the Virtual Fence by dragging the white dot on the right side of the Virtual Fence left or right. The minimum radius is 50 meters.
- When you are finished, tap on the Virtual Fence symbol in the top right corner again.
If you have more than one tracker, please repeat these steps to define also a Virtual Fence for your other pets.