Tractive offers several different GPS trackers, each with a unique attachment mechanism. Find your device below to learn how to attach your new GPS tracker to your pet.
Note: Tracker availability varies by country. Please visit www.tractive.com to see which Tractive GPS trackers are available for your country.
To attach the new Tractive GPS DOG LTE tracker to your pet's collar, remove the collar from your pet and continue like so according to the width of the collar:
- Collar width 1.5 cm or less: Remove the rubber clip, put the collar through the two rectangular holes on the sides of the rubber clip, and fasten the rubber clip on the tracker again.
- Collar width 1.6 cm or more: Remove the rubber clip on one side of the tracker, place the collar in between the rubber clip and the tracker, and fasten the rubber clip on the tracker again.
Tractive GPS DOG & Tractive GPS Cat Tracker (IKATI)
Follow the steps below to attach the Tractive GPS DOG or Tractive GPS Cat Tracker (IKATI) tracker to your pet's collar:
- Remove the collar from your cat or dog.
- Place the collar in between the clip and the collar mount. To secure thinner collars, slide the collar through the openings in the mounting clip, as shown below.
- Fasten the clip onto the mount.
- Attach the Tractive device to the mount and ensure the device is fully secured.
Once you have securely attached your tracker to your pet, you're ready to start tracking!
Tractive GPS Classic, Tractive GPS 3G & Tractive GPS Classic XL
The Tractive GPS Classic, Hunters Edition, Tractive GPS 3G and Tractive GPS Classic XL can be attached to your pet with the help of the Tractive GPS Collar Clips, which are included in each purchase.
The collar clips are suitable for collars with a width of up to 46 mm and are available in two sizes:
- Large: For collars with a thickness of 3 to 5 mm.
- Small: For collars with a thickness of up to 3 mm.
Simply place your pet's collar in between the tracker and clip and click the clips securely into place, like so:
Replacement clips can be purchased here.
Tractive GPS CAT (with integrated collar)
The Tractive GPS CAT Tracker is a GPS tracker and collar in one; therefore no clips are necessary to attach the device to your pet. Before use, ensure that your cat meets the minimum weight requirement to use the Tractive GPS CAT tracker. For safety, the device should only be worn by cats 4 kg (8.8 lbs) and above.
- Use the Sizing Chart included in your purchase (or download and print it at the preceding link) to measure your cat's neck in order to find the collar latch which best fits your cat.
- Use the table below to close the tracker at the designated hole/latch using the strap and pin. Count the holes starting closest to the tracker.
Measurement Hole 19 - 20 cm 3 - 5 20 - 22 cm 5 - 7 22 - 24 cm 7 - 9 24 - 26 cm 9 - 11 26 - 28 cm 11 - 12 28 - 30 cm 12 - 14
- Then use the breakaway mechanism to attach the device to your cat.
- Remember that 1-2 fingers should be able to fit between your cat's neck and the tracker so that both the cat and tracker can move comfortably.
Tip for first-time users: Every pet is unique and your cat or dog will therefore likely display their own unique behavior towards wearing a GPS tracking device. We recommend to let your pet get acquainted with the new device by wearing it indoors and turned off for 1-2 days before first use. This way you can observe how the dog or cat responds to wearing his GPS tracker and adjust the attachment as necessary.