In the Tractive Dog Walk app, you can share your daily dog walk in real time with your friends. Follow the steps below to use the Dog Walk sharing feature:
- Sign into the Tractive Dog Walk app on your mobile device.
- Press the start button at the bottom center of the screen to begin your walk.
- Feel free to take photos, or log your dog's daily business using the buttons at the top of the map view.
- Tap the share icon in the upper right hand corner to begin sharing your walk.
- In the new window that appears, select the app or contact to which you'd like to share the walk.
- Confirm the action by pressing the 'send' button as necessary.
Once shared, your friends will receive a link where they can view your Dog Walk in real time. They'll see your path and any photos you take or share along the way!
Past walks can be accessed in the menu of the Dog Walk app. Simply select a completed walk, and tap the share icon to begin sharing with friends or family.
Your friends don't have to download the app or even have a Tractive account. Simply share the link with them. All you need to do is share the private link with the people you'd like to share the walk with. You can share it with any service you have installed on your smartphone (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Whatsapp, ...)
Location sharing and privacy concerns
The sharing feature will only send data to our networks when you decide to activate it. In addition, the link you'll receive is a private link. Only you and the people you share it with will have access to it. The link cannot be found via Google or any other search engine and has a secret identification number.