Note: If you are receiving false virtual fence notifications, please follow the tips in this article to learn how to resolve this issue. However, if you aren't receiving notifications reliably and promptly, please try the suggestions in the article below and then contact Tractive Customer Service if the issue persists.
What to do if you aren’t receiving notifications
If you aren’t receiving notifications on your cell phone, this could be because the tracker is not sending notifications or because of your cell phone’s settings.
To check if the tracker is sending notifications, please do the following:
- Log in to your account at my.tractive.com and go to Manage your Account → General Settings.
- Tick the options Entering Virtual Fence and Leaving Virtual Fence under Email (as shown below) and then click Save. Please also make sure that the corresponding options are active for the Mobile App.
- If necessary, set up a virtual fence. Please ensure, as shown at the bottom of the page linked here, that you do not have any overlapping virtual fences.
- Take a short walk with your tracker in your hand and LIVE tracking active. Please leave and re-enter the virtual fence during this walk.
If you don’t receive any notifications from this test walk via email or your cell phone, please leave your tracker turned on and contact Tractive Customer Service with the following information:
- The date and time of your walk.
- The two colors you see if you press the power button on your device once briefly.
If you receive notifications sometimes, but not on other occasions, please contact Tractive Customer Service and provide us with some example timeframes of missing notifications so that we can carefully analyze the data from these periods.
What to do if you receive notifications via email, but not on your cell phone
If you receive notifications via email, but not on your cell phone, this could be due to your cell phone’s settings. Please do the following:
- Make sure that you have enabled push notifications for the Tractive GPS app.
- Check that third-party apps, such as Clean Master or Security Master, are not blocking notifications from the Tractive GPS app.
- Your cell phone must be connected to cellular networks or WiFi in order to receive notifications, so please check that your cell phone has an active data connection.
- Check if battery saving mode, also known as battery optimization, battery saver, or low power mode, could be affecting notifications (Android / iOS). If this is active, please deactivate it and then try the test walk outlined above to see if this resolves the issue.
If, after following these tips, you still don't receive notifications on your cell phone, please contact Tractive Customer Service and provide us with some examples of when you received notifications via email, but not on your cell phone.
What to do if you receive notifications with a delay
Delayed notifications could be caused by battery saving mode or third-party apps, as explained above, so please check that they are not causing delays to your notifications. You may also receive notifications with a delay if your cell phone has an unstable connection (poor cell coverage or a weak WiFi signal).
Once you have checked the points above, please contact Tractive Customer Service with some example timeframes if you continue to receive notifications with a delay. Please let us know when you expected to receive the notifications and when you actually received them. Screenshots showing when you received the notifications are very helpful for our analysis. Please also leave your tracker turned on so that we can carefully analyze the data from this period.