Augmented Reality (AR) is a new technology which allows a live view of a real-world environment to be superimposed on to the user's view of your device. In the case of Tractive GPS, it offers you a whole new way to find your pet.
How to enable the Augmented Reality feature:
- First, you need to activate the Premium feature in the map settings. Open the map settings, by clicking on the gear icon on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Once you’ve moved the slider to the right the Augmented Reality icon will appear on the map; just waiting to be used!
How to use the Augmented Reality feature:
- By pressing the 3D Start button on the lower right of your screen, the map will disappear and the camera view will be activated.
- Now you’re able to move with your smartphone. With a view through your camera, it is possible to look at everything in your surroundings from every angle.
- To see where your dog or cat is heading you’ll see a pin as an overlay with the approximate distance you need to cover to reach your pet.
A note on location accuracy:
The augmented reality feature uses the GPS location of your smartphone and compares it to that of your tracker.
This can cause some deviations when the GPS tracker is in the immediate surroundings of your smartphone. The possibility of GPS inaccuracy in both devices and the combination thereof can lead to a distance representation that is larger than the actual distance.