When you see the status Not Reachable in the app, don't fear! This is most likely a temporary issue that can easily be resolved. Try the following tips to get the device reporting again.
Before you begin, ask yourself:
- Is the device active under a valid subscription plan? Visit my.tractive.com to view all of your active trackers and subscription plans.
- Is the device charged?
- Is the device powered on?
- Does your phone, tablet, or computer have an active internet connection?
If you answered yes to all these questions, please do the following:
Reset Tractive GPS
Perform a reset of the Tractive GPS:
- Tractive GPS, Tractive GPS XL, Tractive GPS 3G: Press the button for 30 seconds: A successful reset should then be triggered and followed by a flashing white light and beeping sound.
- Tractive GPS 2: Press the small reset button on the back of the device. Use an object with a small tip, such as a pen. This will also turn the device off. Turn the device back on with the power button.
Following the reset, go outside and activate LIVE Tracking to get your device reporting again.
Check the LED Status
If your device is still unreachable, please check the LED status of the device:
- Press and hold down the power button for one second to be shown the LED or network/GPS status of the device:
- In the case of no GPS: go outdoors or into an area with a clear line of sight to the sky.
- In the case of no network available: try tracking again in an area with better cellular network coverage.
Other Helpful Tips:
- Turn the tracker off and on again.
- Restart the Tractive GPS app.
- Ensure that your version of the Tractive GPS device works in your country.
- Ensure that you have sufficient coverage in your area by the Tractive GPS service providers.
For further support, please submit a request for assistance.