Do you see the red status NOT REPORTING? In this case, some factor is preventing the Tractive GPS Tracker from communicating with the app. This status serves as a warning - you may not be able to track your pet unless some action is taken.
For that reason and for best results, Tractive recommends opening the app to check that the device is reporting as soon as you attach the GPS tracker to your furry friend.
Additionally, please ensure that you have the latest version of the Tractive GPS app for Android and iOS devices installed and update the app as necessary to ensure you'll see the most accurate and up-to-date information available about your GPS tracker.
Possible reasons why your Tractive GPS is not reporting:
The following is a list of the most probable reasons why your GPS tracking device is not reporting. Please follow the recommended tips to get your tracker reporting again.
The tracker is turned off. If the device is in your reach, ensure that it is powered on.
Your mobile phone, tablet, or computer does not have an active internet connection. Double check your mobile data or wifi connection. In this case, you will see the note NO NETWORK CONNECTION below:
Tractive GPS CAT Tracker only: the battery is disconnected from the tracker. Please ensure that the tracker is firmly attached to the battery at the two connection points:
The tracker has no network connection. This might be the issue if the tracker is in an area with a weak or no mobile network signal, or if you recently started using the device in a new location or country.
- Check the LED status of the device to confirm if this is the problem. If so, see: My tracker has no network connection for further troubleshooting tips.
- Ensure that your version of the Tractive GPS device works in your country.
- Ensure that you have sufficient coverage in your area from the Tractive GPS service providers.
Reason unknown. The tracker might be damaged, faulty, or encountering an unknown error. In this case, please submit a request for assistance. The Tractive Customer Happiness team will be able to determine if the device must be repaired or replaced. We'll provide you with immediate support to get you tracking again.
Other helpful tips:
- Update/restart the Tractive GPS mobile app.
- Turn the tracker off and on again.
- Tractive GPS CAT Tracker only: remove and reattach the battery from the tracker.
- Go outside with the tracker and activate LIVE Tracking.